Toyworks

Toyworks

Friday, March 25, 2011

Toys WANTED: Popy Jumbo Machinder Combattler V

Always wanted a set of these over-sized plastic robots to line up in the kitchen, being very high priced and highly sought after, it's gonna awhile for me to find them all.. This is post is for my viewing pleasure.....I don't even have 1 Jumbo.....how I wish....Santa.....
Pictured is POPYs Jumbo Machinder Combattler V.



Translation from catalog: Super Magnetic Robo Combattler, fighting against the invasion of Earth by the Armored Tank Corps led by the Great General Garuda. Combattler V, the super robot of justice created by the combination of five battle machines. Now, let's play with the cool action-packed Jumbo Machinder Combattler V!

(Little caption by kid) "You can store your Popinika in his back!" "Attach the caterpillar treads from his back to the stomach, and change into the Battle-Tank!"

After Popy's success with the Jumbo Machinder series, several other Japanese companies, including Takatoku, Nakajima, and Clover began producing large-size plastic robot toys as well. Several of the Jumbo Machinders were retooled for sale in the USA in the late 1970s as Shogun Warriors.

2 comments:

  1. I mean this robot toys really fantastic to using and looking.I have used many toys from PIJ,http://bit.ly/reideenchogokin and which was so fine but my mind says that this would be better than them.Can any one inform me it.

    ReplyDelete