Toyworks

Toyworks

Sunday, March 20, 2011

DC Retro action Superheroes Wave 4 Martian Manhunter

Yeah, wave 4 of the DC retro action are out, the wave includes Shazam, Black Adam, Darkseid and everybody's fave martian, Martian Manhunter , though the toystores don't have the other figures yet, only Martian Manhunter so here's the martian!!

MM comes with the new and improved body which doesn't hunch back when u pose him. Same articulation as the wave 3 figures. Minor flaws, the capes a real thin fabric and doesn't stay in place, the red bits seems to be the same fabric that will flake off in time, other then that, he's still one of my faves in Justice league.


Seriously, I have no idea how to pose him, but one major thing I digged about the figure was the head sculpt, the stagnant expression on the face grow on me....

I really dig that Mattel really did MM in his classic style but I guess what's really lacking was accesories, like maybe a interchangable hands or his martian head, retro is cool but I think fans also wanted an updated version. Mattel did try to follow close to the original mego line, well, too much retro-ness will kill us!!

All in all, the set is real neat to display on card or out, hopefully Mattel keeps them coming

Or else all of us fans will be looking like this.......

3 comments:

  1. Was kinda hoping I'd see him at Toys R' Us this weekend, but I DID grab Flash & Captain Cold :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about that head, but this toy seems to be the most "alien" looking of the Manhunters that I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess Mattel's trying to "retro-nise" Martian Manhunter... Hey, wait, where's my flash and Capt Cold!!??

    ReplyDelete