Toyworks

Toyworks

Friday, February 11, 2011

DC Retro action Superheroes Wave 3 Wonderwoman

Look what I got today, DC retroheroes Wave 3 figures, the assortment includes, Captain Cold, Cheetah, The Flash and Wonderwoman. Case Assortment, 3 Flash, 3 Wonderwoman 2 Captain Cold and 1 Cheetah, so yeap, Cheetah is only 1 per case, making her the rarer figure, next is Captain Cold which only comes in pair per case. I didn't get Cheetah yet cause the one at my local store had some paint job flaws on the face, well, I will be awaiting another Cheetah soon.

First up is the fabulous Amazon, Wonderwoman, just like wave 1 and 2, the figures came in a retro styled cardbacker and blister. Though Shazam is pictured, he is not in the assortment, he will most likely be released in the next wave, adding the picture makes us look forward to the newer figures yet to released.


The DC retroheroes line really looks good in package, I display them all, still in thier package and lined up in a row. I also opened them from the bottom, by using a sharp penknife and slitting the bottom to remove the figure. Doing so, you can slide the figure back and still display them on card.

Here's Wondie out the package, all the wave 3 figures has a new body sculpt, the alteration will stop the hunched back syndrome but you have lesser articulation on the upper and lower body.

Wonderwoman looks great although a tad to slim but hell who am I to complain, the hair bit was held up with a black net, after removing the net, you have re-position her hair once more. Mine tend to stand up at the wrong direction, well, to solve that, I added water hair and restyled it the way I prefered.

The one thing that I didn't like are the opened hands, she can't hold her lasso of truth though you can always use your imagination or attach a thin wire to the lasso to get a nice dynamic pose with Wonderwoman. The lasso is attached with a velcro and a plastic removeable peg, being having those hands, I did not remove the peg.


The face sculpt is not too bad though abit Barbie-ish but I do find the head abit too big for her slim body. The tiara is removeable but abit tricky to reattach back. The costume is good, it would have been great if the bracelets were gold or yellow and plastic belt instead of a fabric one. The boot was just nice and looks good.


Well, overall, wonderwoman is not too impressive alone, but in a set and displayed with the rest of the Justice league, she's a real nice addition.

Next up, more from the assortment....

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I have several of these fun toys :) ...Like being a kid again, with my Megos! Two Thumbs Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I guessed as much, you have an awesome collection too!! THREE thumbs up to you too!!!
    It took damn long for them to reach Singapore, waited almost 2 months for them to arrive.

    ReplyDelete